4th April 2020
The MDMI hospital is ready to receive patients to isolate and treat them in co operation with the Ministry of Health, Pakistan. The hospital has been divided in to zones to segregate the patients according to their symptoms. The High Dependency Unit with 6 beds and ICU with ventilators will accommodate 4 patients will be included in the Red Zone. The Yellow zone will have patients with less severe symptoms and the Green Zone will accommodate patients with minimal symptoms who need to be isolated and need medical care.
Please visit the link MDMI Covid-19 Response to find out more about the various aspects of the preparations undergoing at MDMI. The Virtual Training Day 2 included a session by various experts from UK :
- Dr Asif Malik, MBBS, FCEM, Dr Nauman Rashid MBBS, FCEM; Consultant Emergency Medicine, Queens Medical Centre Nottingham, UK
- Dr Asad Malik, MBBS, FRCPsych, Consultant Psychiatrist, Assistant Professor (Hon) University of Nottingham, School of Medicine, Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust
- Dr Amna Malik, Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Sherwood Forest NHS Foundation Trust, Kingsmill Hospital, UK
- Mohsin Iqbal, Psychologist, Pakistan, Red Crescent Society, Pakistan
- Dr. Suhail, Pulmonologist, Pakistan